Scholarships are available for school business managers (SBMs) to receive funding towards accredited SBM programmes.
To be eligible for the scholarship you will need to:
- complete a full SBM qualification or complete at least 3 units from the SBM programme
- enrol with an organisation that is an approved Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) SBM training centre.
The Institute of Leadership and Management is actively working with Ofqual to obtain recognition of 3 new qualifications. These will be similar to the outgoing certificate, diploma and advanced diploma awarded by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and its predecessors:
- Level 4 diploma in school business management
- Level 5 diploma in school business management
- Level 6 diploma in school business management
These qualifications will:
- increase the number of trained SBMs
- encourage SBMs to deepen their knowledge, skills and experience
- maintain and build on the professional status of SBMs
The application round will open on 23 February 2015 until 5pm on 10 April 2015.
Guidance on how to apply, including the online application form, will be available on 23 February 2015.
Please register your interest in the 2015 application round by sending an email to email@example.com. Please state which programme you’re interested in applying for.
Who can apply
- be employed as an SBM (or bursar) in a state-funded school in England
- have the support of your headteacher
- be able to fund any additional fees for the qualification
- be ready to start the programme in spring 2015
- have the appropriate senior leadership team (SLT) membership for your qualification:
- level 5 diploma: work closely with SLT
- level 6 diploma: be a full member of SLT
- have the following requirements for your qualification:
- level 4 diploma: a level 3 qualification on the qualifications and credit framework
- level 5 diploma: a level 4 qualification
- level 6 diploma: a level 5 qualification
- agree to complete a programme evaluation and impact summary
Allocation of scholarships
The scholarship covers part of the programme costs. You need to fund any additional costs. You should speak to your chosen provider to confirm the programme fees.
NCTL will work with training providers to administer scholarships. Payment will be made directly to the provider on approval.
School business management team
Source Article from https://www.gov.uk/school-business-management-national-scholarship-fund
National College for Teaching and Leadership – Activity on GOV.UK